My Pattern Pages Are Here!

My Pattern Pages Are Here!
copyright 2008 Laura Blanton

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Winter Blend Snowflake (1st two rows)



Not finished tatting, but here's a preview. My first snowflake design from start to finish, when I finish that is! Believe it or not, it is size 80 HDT from Marilee. I know it doesn't look like it in the picture, but it is only 1 1/2" in diameter so far. The white is regular DMC 80. I had meant for this second row to be two colors, but somehow forgot until I was over half way finished. I am very pleased with my design and can't wait to finish tatting it and show it off. It is a bit ruffled, but I think the next row will solve that problem.

This will be my first original snowflake for my Rainbow Christmas Tree!

5 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Very pretty! I'm amazed that it's really so small! Can't wait to see the next round!

Unknown said...

I knew that if we could get you to try size 80 thread that you would like it. Glad to see that you are enjoying designing, can't wait to see the finished snowflake.

Jane Eborall said...

Wowee. Can I retire now?
JaneEb

Marilee Rockley said...

Wow, Laura, you are on a roll! I like the white border around the multicolored center.

Tattycat said...

Thank you Diane. I can't wait to see it either.
Thank you Clyde. I do love the thread and designing.
NO JANE, YOU ABSOLUTELY CAN NOT RETIRE!
Thanks Marilee. I hope the next two colors will work as well.