My Pattern Pages Are Here!

My Pattern Pages Are Here!
copyright 2008 Laura Blanton

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

New Hand Dyed Thread from Lady Shuttle Maker



I have two new HDT's from Sherry" that came yesterday. The fuchsia is size 20 and the Vickie's Lilacs is size 80. I can't wait to see what they want to be!

I can never stress enough how wonderful it is to tat with hand dyed thread. The only time I use anything else is when I need solids to set off the HDT. So much fun!

Now, I need to talk DH into buying software that will help me diagram my new designs. I'm mighty ambitious huh?

3 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

You are ambitious! I found a free program for the Mac, but I haven't figured out how to use it. Maybe there's a freebie out there you can try.

Marty said...

I use PaintShop Pro version 7. I don't know the cost because work bought it for me so I could ...tada... work at home for them. Since what I do for work is scan things to .jpg and color them (different version of cut, paste and color -- but still kindergarten), it took me a while to figure out how to use it for making tatting diagrams. It was certainly less expensive for me than buying something else. Once I learned about layers and bezier curves, it got easier. :) Good luck finding a program you like.

Unknown said...

Isn't it wonderful to receive HDT in the mail it almost feels like Christmas. I can't wait to see what you make with your new thread. Good luck with the drawing program.