My Pattern Pages Are Here!

My Pattern Pages Are Here!
copyright 2008 Laura Blanton

Saturday, March 08, 2008

Heart Design #2 by ME!



How many of you remember the commercial "Look Ma, no cavities!"? I'm saying, "Look Ma, no pattern!" I am so pleased with myself. Can you tell? I was trying to rest this afternoon and this idea just would not stop bothering me. So, I got up and tatted it. I had the general idea and just tatted and made notes. I had to back up a few times, but it wasn't bad. I know it isn't a complicated pattern and thus didn't require all of the planning and steps that are usually necessarily, but I like it. It's good to take baby steps. This little heart is just that - 1 1/2" wide and about 1 3/4" tall. I tatted it with Marilee's hand dyed pink from Rhubarb Crisp in size 20. That is why there is a slight shading. Another home run for Marilee and hand dyed thread.

This heart is not part of the round robin. It is too small!

I don't know the right words for the general disclaimer, but I promise this came completely out of my tired little mind. Any similarity to hearts previously tatted by others is entirely unintentional. If you have done one like it, let me know. I just really got a kick out of putting that copyright statement on there!

Is there such a thing as "death by tatting?" I hope not!

16 comments:

Martha said...

This is great. I especially like how you handled the picots in the outer round. I don't remember seeing another heart like it. Keep up the good work

Tatskool said...

Laura It's lovely, you are going from strength to strength. Love the gentle variation in the thread, it brings the design to life.

Tat-a-Renda said...

This is so beautiful - almost regal-like. Anxiously waiting to see what comes next.

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your own design Laura and to think you thought you could not design. Your heart is beautiful and you should be very proud of yourself. It looks like the design bug has really bitten you.

Bonnie said...

Congrats on your own design, it is very beautiful!

Sharon said...

The heart is simple gorgeous, I love it!

Tattycat said...

Thank you Martha, Pamela, Jon, Clyde, Bonnie and Sharon! I am pleased as punch with the heart and so glad that you all like it. Now, to redo it from my notes and in a different hand dyed thread, (of course.) I hope I'm on a roll with the designing.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Laura, your heart is so pretty! Congratulations on your new design!

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

It looks great...keep it up!

Jane Eborall said...

Brilliant - good job - I'll soon be able to retire now!!!
JaneEb

Gina said...

Perfect shape! It's lovely!
:-) Gina

Toptattyhead said...

Well done, Laura. Your heart is very pretty and well balanced. Welcome to design club!

Unknown said...

Very nice, Laura! I love it.
Kate

Jeff Hamilton said...

I don't think there is anything I can say about your heart that hasn't been said already. I think you heart is awesome! I can't wait to see what else you come up with.

Tattycat said...

Thank all of you so much. I am overwhelmed with all of this praise and encouragement. I never thought I would get to this point. What will I do now? We'll see!

Carol Schockling Lawecki said...

Laura, What a lovely heart!!! Congratulations on your design!