My Pattern Pages Are Here!

My Pattern Pages Are Here!
copyright 2008 Laura Blanton

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Skein Unwinder



Okay. Here is my secret. It might not be very practical to those of you who don't have children or grandchildren, but it works for me!

We don't know what the name of this toy is. We call it "the doctor's office toy" because they have them in the pediatrician's offices here. Isaac "loans" it to me for unwinding my skeins. I don't know what made me think of it initially, but Bill is very glad that he doesn't have to hold the thread for me! I usually take it from the skein and wrap it around my fingers like my grandmother did. After I get a bit on my fingers, I slip it off and then start wrapping and turning to make a ball. It works for me.

I told our Lady Shuttle Maker the foot thing would never work for me. I'd not be able to reach it! I might have to take up the Hot Yoga thing and see if I can get limbered up. LOL

I hope this will give some of you a new idea and the others a laugh.

4 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Hmm... I wonder if Aidan or Lily would lend me their doctor's office toy?

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

Ha ha! I DO hot yoga and I am not even ambitious enough to try the foot thing.....LOL

Tattycat said...

You are kidding! I thought it would be perfect for you!

Unknown said...

I say what ever works for you is the perfect way to do it. I must say that your way is very inventive Laura.