My Pattern Pages Are Here!

My Pattern Pages Are Here!
copyright 2008 Laura Blanton

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Easter Bunny



Look who hopped in for the early Easter season. This is one of my earlier woodcarvings that I unearthed last week. I never know where or what I am going to find. This little bunny is 2 1/2" long and about 1 1/4" high. I did a pair of them - one for each of the girls. This one belongs to the youngest. I hope her sister still has hers!

I just wanted to share him with you because it makes me happy to look at him. I hope he will bring a smile to more faces. Back to tatting my NEW RAINBOW SNOWFLAKE DESIGN.

9 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Very cute! Hmmm... if you can carve a bunny, maybe you could carve a tatting shuttle! Just a thought!

Unknown said...

The bunny is really cute. With all the detail I would have guessed that he was bigger.

Marilee Rockley said...

Wood carving, even - what a talented lady. The bunny is darling!

Tattycat said...

He is a cutie. I'm glad all three of you like him. I don't know about carving shuttles. My dad used to make them for me and I still use them, but I haven't carved one. It would be difficult to think of a new style. No Clyde, he is a little guy. You gotta be kidding me Marilee! In how many different mediums do you work? LOL

Jane Eborall said...

He (or she) can hop my way anytime!!
JaneEb

Karl and/or Madeline said...

Oh how cute. Madeline

Tattycat said...

Thanks Jane and Madeline. He/she was fun to make.

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

I think you should take up carving again. You obviously have an inherted talent here and Diane took the words out of my mouth....How 'bout some shuttles?

Tattycat said...

Thanks Sherry. My dad was an incredible man and I am proud to have inherited even a small amount of his talent with wood. I would love to carve some shuttles, but wouldn't want to step on any toes. There are already so many lovely ones out there. Maybe one day....