My Pattern Pages Are Here!

My Pattern Pages Are Here!
copyright 2008 Laura Blanton

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Pizzazz Snowflake #1



Woo Hoo! (borrowing from Lady Shuttle Maker). Designing is fun, fun, fun! I had a third round planned for this little snowflake. (It is 2 1/8" in diameter.) However, I like it too much the way it is. I did both rounds continuously so there are only two ends to hide.

Don't look too closely. I put an extra picot on three of the rings in round one, but it will be correct on the diagram and in the pattern. I have the diagram almost finished but haven't written the pattern out yet.

Marilee aka Yarnplayer's hand dyed thread in Pizzazz size 50 really makes this pattern stand out for me. It will be perfect on this year's Rainbow Christmas Tree.

8 comments:

Tatskool said...

Laura you are amazing, but look what you have done...you have given Jane the chance to retire!!
Keep it up.

Karl and/or Madeline said...

Wow!!! It's very eye catching. Love it. As usual you did another good job. Madeline

Tattycat said...

Thanks Pamela and Madeline. I'm having fun, but I have told Jane twice that she is absolutely forbidden to retire! She can have this little break, but she has to come back to tatting very soon!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Ooh! La! La! What a beautiful snowflake! When we were researching snowflakes in January, the kids found that there is a place in the world where the snowflakes are red because of the dust particles they pick up... wouldn't those snowflakes be jealous of this one?

Unknown said...

Laura, count this as 1 snowflake, then add the next row and you have designed 2 snowflakes. I love the colour of the thread.

Tattycat said...

Thank you Diane. I'm glad to know there really are red snowflakes somewhere! I'll have to see if I can make them jealous again!
That is a good idea Clyde. I will do that. Also, I am putting a different second round on the little purple first round that I am excited about. Keep watching!

Marty said...

Very pretty, Laura. I'm so glad you are sharing the pattern!

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

Very nice! Next Christmas is going to really be something special!