My Pattern Pages Are Here!

My Pattern Pages Are Here!
copyright 2008 Laura Blanton

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Snowflake Rose #3 in Rhubarb Crisp



Wow! I may never use regular thread again! Yeah, I know. That's impossible. I have loads and loads of perfectly good thread that I have to use. Unless..... maybe elves could come in during the night and steal it to make doll outfits or something! LOL

Yarnplayer's thread is fabulous. I loved tatting this snowflake and watching the way the colors changed. It was particularly interesting to see the play between chains and rings. I am hooked! Tatting with regular DMC or Flora will never be the same again!

Thanks to Marilee for her wonderful thread, Denise for her design and especially to Clyde for suggesting that I use the thread for a snowflake. I wouldn't have thought of that, but I love it.

I know I should have waited until Thursday when I will see my friends Karl and Madeline so that he could scan it in for me, but I just had to show it off tonight.

Happy tatting everyone!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Absolutely amazing Laura, glad to see you where adventurous and decided to try Marilee's thread. I can just imagine how beautiful this will be on your Christmas tree.

Tat-a-Renda said...

You never cease to amaze me, Laura. Wonderful colour.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

WOW! I'm reading The Nutcracker Ballet to the kids at school this week... I believe the Sugar Plum Fairies would love to have these snowflakes! Thanks for sending even more inspiration our way!

Tattycat said...

Thank you all very much. I really enjoyed it. I probably tatted it in record time because I was so excited! It does look Sugar Plum Fairy-ish, doesn't it? How's that for a word?

Marilee Rockley said...

Wow! So glad to hear that you had fun doing it, too!