My Pattern Pages Are Here!

My Pattern Pages Are Here!
copyright 2008 Laura Blanton

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Mama's Crocheted Doily



This is one of my recent finds during "Fall Cleaning." (UGGHH) My grandmother, Maggie Noreen DeFoor, crocheted this sometime in the 60's or so. I washed and pressed it, but it wants blocking. I hope you can tell that the flowers stand up from the rest of the crochet. This is just another example of how my tatting reminds me of her crochet.

My husband tells Isaac that he has the best grandmother in the world and that he will realize that one day. I hope I can be half as good as mine was. She was a very special wife, mother, grandmother, sister to us all and I miss her terribly. I am very blessed to have so many of her tatted, embroidered and crocheted pieces to treasure.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Laura, Your Grandmother did some beautiful work but so do you and you should feel good about yourself and the fact that your husband thinks you are the greatest grandmother. That is a very nice compliment.

Tattycat said...

Thank you Clyde. You never fail to make my day. I do feel good about myself. I just loved my grandmother so much that I get a little mushy comparing my work to hers. I know she never did any tatting like we do now! Only edgings and mostly in white. Oh, how far we have come! I am thrilled that Bill thinks I am the greatest grandmother!

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

This is a treasure. How fortunate to own it!