My Pattern Pages Are Here!

My Pattern Pages Are Here!
copyright 2008 Laura Blanton

Sunday, December 23, 2007

Passion Flower Inspiration?




Clyde said my purple snowflake looked like a passion flower. I searched back through my pictures to find these I made in June of 2006 in Baldwin County Alabama, (near the coast.) That is where some of you know we plan to retire in about 10 years. There is a farm in Elberta, Alabama owned and operated by a German American couple where they make cheese that is to die for. These passion flowers grow all over the fence around the side yard of the shop from which they sell their products. All of the cheese is made on site and is limited in quantity. If there is something special you want, you better call and see if they have it that day!

Anyway, I think Clyde is right. These could definitely have inspired my tatted snowflakes. I never would have thought when I made the pictures that I would be tatting something even close to this beautiful!

3 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I love passion flowers! Dave puts some in our yard every summer. The colors really pop!

Unknown said...

I am really happy that you know what a passion flower is I thought after I wrote the comment that you might wonder what the heck I was talking about.They are one of my favorite flowers after orchids and they were the first thing I thought of when I saw your varigated purple snowflake. Both are beautiful.

battatter said...

I LOVE passion flowers! I have one, though it didn't bloom this year, last year was full of them! It inspired me to tat one. It is a pattern no one has seen, but I still love it.