My Pattern Pages Are Here!

My Pattern Pages Are Here!
copyright 2008 Laura Blanton

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Inga Madsen's Starling - Well Almost

 


I started out with Inga Madsen's pattern for a Starling. I really didn't change the pattern except to lengthen the tail and add the little extra on top of the head so the wing wouldn't be so out of place. For some reason as I was tatting the wing, the phoenix from Harry Potter came to mind. I know he isn't right yet. I need a picture. However, most of you know how I am about color and I LOVE this little bird!

The thread is all size 20. The orange is Lady Shuttle Maker's, the other variegated is Yarnplayer's and the purple is Flora.

I hope Inga will forgive me for my interpretation.
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

What a pretty little bird! I love the color combination!

Jane Eborall said...

I LOVE Inga's books too. Lovely patterns.
JaneEb

Kathy Raker said...

Adorable little bird, wonderful colors. What size is it?

Unknown said...

I love your bird Laura and the colours are gorgeous.

Unknown said...

I think you did a great job. What book is this? Thanks for sharing a pic. It's refreshing to see a different tatting project.

Tattycat said...

Thanks everyone. I'm glad you like him. I need colour, colour, colour!!! It measures 6" beak to tail. The book is "Tatted Animals" by Inga Madsen. The ISBN is 87-7847-064-1 Different is my motto!

Carol Schockling Lawecki said...

Your bird turned out great! I love the colors you used. I have this book and love all the animals in it. A tatted pheonix would be great, can't wait to see your version. It would go with the Harry Potter & Hedwig I tatted, which is on my blog if you haven't seen him. Happy Tatting!

Tattycat said...

Thanks Carol. It is a great book. I am particularly having fun since I figured out I can do things my way, even if it's just with color! I love your Harry and Hedwig! I've printed off the patterns and can't wait to get started.

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

This is so beautiful! As you may know, I absolutely LOVE exotic birds! The colors are so dynamic!
I'm going to have to look for Inga's book now....