My Pattern Pages Are Here!

My Pattern Pages Are Here!
copyright 2008 Laura Blanton

Sunday, October 21, 2007

I have been tagged by Lady Shuttle Maker to share seven facts about myself.

Here are the rules which you must abide by if you are tagged.
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself: some random, some weird.
3. Tag 3 people at the end of your post and list their names (linking to them).
4. Let them know they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment at their blogs.

1. I have always been the nurse for the whole family. I cared for my maternal grandparents, my aunt, and my parents. Now I am having to learn to defer to my newly graduated R.N. daughter.
2. I am the daughter of a cabinet maker/master craftsman. I often say that I was born with a hammer in one hand and a screw driver in the other, much to my mother's dismay! I still have all of his tools, power tools and workshop. I don't use them as often as I once did due to my headaches.
3. I have never been a girly girl. I have no patience with the games women play and little interest in their conversation. I much prefer the company of men.
4. I am a bundle of contradiction. I love all needlework, cooking and babies, in spite of not being a girly girl. I HATE SHOPPING!
5. I had polio as a child and have always had some mild physical limitations that have grown worse with age. Still, I was never in an iron lung, had no retardation, (I don't think), and feel blessed to still be here.
6. I have been almost dead four times and had one "out of body experience" with the first near death. This has given me a great appreciation for life and a sense of urgency in most things.
7. I hate cleaning and laundry. I love my family with a vengence. I adore my grandson. I collect strays.

I am tagging:

Jane Eborall
Jon
Snowy

I hope this works as I am new to inserting html into a post.

6 comments:

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

Wow, I have never known so many other people who hate shopping like I do. It's oddly comforting.
When I lived in the South for a few years I suffered such intense migraines that I couldn't eat or sleep for three days at a time. When I moved away from the South they went away. To this day I believe there is some kind of organism (mold, or something) that was the cause.
I was hesitant at first to particpate in the Tag game, but it is nice to get to know everyone a little better, so I am glad I did, and I am glad you did too.

Tattycat said...

It is comforting! That is interesting about your migraines. Maybe we should move north instead of south as we are planning in the future.
I don't usually participate in things like this either, but I'm glad I did!

Katherine said...

Laura, I have just seen your tag...but I need some time to think of stuff to say!
Yes, it is fun to read, but hard to do!!!!
I'll try tomorrow...

Tat-a-Renda said...

Geez.... I have never given much thoughts about 'me' before, everything is much lika a day at a time. This is going to take some time, :-)

Tattycat said...

Hi Snowy and Jon. You can do it. Just take you time. I would love to hear more from both of you!

Sapna said...

Looks like we have quite a lot in common…. I was always a tom boy I guess I was brought up like a boy since my siblings include two sisters, my parents always felt the need of a son and that they found in me! I too have constant headaches, in fact a change in the weather (even a wee bit more of Sun) can trigger my headache and most of the times I need to take a pain killer which is not good.

This tag plan is really a good idea… I am getting to know a lot about my tatting friends.