My Pattern Pages Are Here!

My Pattern Pages Are Here!
copyright 2008 Laura Blanton

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Blue Snowflake (that's cold!)



This is "Star #1" on page 39 of Gun and Elwy's book. I tatted it with Altin Balsak and it's a little too soft and will need to be starched. I really like it, but for me it was confusing. I don't know why. The pattern was straight-forward enough, I just had trouble keeping up with it for some reason. If I had access to a copy machine, I would copy each pattern as I tatted it where I could mark on it. That's what I used to do, but can't now.

So many of you are doing things that I want to do. There's just not enough hours in the day, especially tatting hours!

4 comments:

Marty said...

Nice -- I like blue snowflakes. The softness doesn't show in the picture. :)
Do you digitally photograph your tatting or are you scanning it? You could do either with your patterns then print them from your computer. Text doesn't always work really well on digital photographs, but if you're careful it will. I have pictures of handwritten tract indices that are perfectly readable.

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

I have never heard of that kind of thread before. It sure looks pretty.

Tattycat said...

Hi Marty, Thanks. I have to photograph digitally. I had not thought about photographing the pattern! Thanks for the idea. I will try that tonight. I just do better if I have something to mark on.
Hi Sherry, Thanks to you too. The thread is pretty, just a little hard to work with.

Tattycat said...

Marty, I photographed the pattern like you said and printed it. It worked good enough to use. Thanks so much for the idea. It is helping tremendously.