My Pattern Pages Are Here!

My Pattern Pages Are Here!
copyright 2008 Laura Blanton

Saturday, December 30, 2006

Tatted Motif #4 of 25

Here is the center of my first friendship doily ready to go! I am so excited about this. It is No. 34 in the DMC Book of Charted Tatting designs by Kirstine Nikolajsen and Inge Lise Nikolajsen. I tatted it in DMC Cebelia #20. If the colors don't show well, the center is creamy yellow and the two others are purple. The ring around the flowers is a creamy white. It reminds me of doilies that my grandmother crocheted when I was younger. She loved to make the flowers in different colors surrounded by white or ecru. I think she would like this. I'm pretty satisfied with how it turned out. I have always had trouble with picot size and keeping them even. Thanks to my friend Elizabeth in South Alabama, I think I have that problem solved. She uses a seamstress' tape that you cut to the size you want, peel the back off and stick it on your finger to measure the picots. If only I had known about this years ago. It is great, even if it took me a while to get it positioned in the right place and get used to it. I will probably never work without it again!

I will be posting pictures of the progress of my doily as it goes around. I'm not sure if the other participants will want theirs posted as yet, but I think they will. I hope there are some of you who would enjoy seeing them from start to finish. It will be fun to see how we all interpret the pattern and what colors we choose for each others doilies.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: