My Pattern Pages Are Here!

My Pattern Pages Are Here!
copyright 2008 Laura Blanton

Friday, December 29, 2006

Ruth's Celtic bookmark

Just wanted to talk about what I am tatting right now. Ruth is such a talented designer/tatter and so generous to share her patterns! Her Celtic edging/bookmark is a delight to work, and the pattern is easy to follow. I started it last night but didn't have any time to work on it today. I have almost finished the first half tonight. If all goes well, I should be able to post a picture tomorrow. I must admit working with four shuttles is a challenge for me. I find the most important thing is to put my work away at night and not tempt my little "tattycat" to help me finish! You can imagine what a temptation a piece of pretty lace with four dangling shuttles would be to a girly little feline. Anyway, I straightened it out and she promised not to touch it again! If you look at the pattern you might say that I don't really need four shuttles - just two and two ball threads. However, I find I just can't work with ball threads. I need the weight of the shuttle to keep my tension uniform. Besides, it seems it would be even more tangled without the extra shuttles. You can find this pattern and others at the following website.

http://rozellalinden.com/FreeCelticPatterns.html

I can't begin to tell any of you what my tatting has meant to me in the last months. Being confined to my home so much of the time due to my migraines leaves me with a lot of time to fill. I can't spend as much time tatting as I would like due to the very thing that keeps me confined, but when I can, I love it! Also, being able to share my passion with others is wonderful. Thanks so much to Sharon for encouraging me to join the 25 motif challenge and to all of you who have been so generous with patterns, support and instruction. Tatters are a wonderful bunch of people who always seem to be willing to step up to the plate. If only all the world was "in tatters!"

No comments: