Okay, here we go. It is almost ALL MINE! About a month ago I started the center rings from a pattern in Gwyn and Elwy's book. I just couldn't figure out how to go any further with the pattern, so I put it aside hating to throw it away. Finally, yesterday I picked it up and just started tatting. Yes, you heard me - I just started tatting! It was great fun and I figured I had nothing to lose except a little time. It was very difficult to keep it from ruffling as the rings were so close together. So, I pressed it flat and kept going. Next, I used ends from Marilee's Rhubarb Crisp and Sherry's Grapefruit to do the little test tat in the second picture. I absolutely cannot stand to throw an inch of these threads away. I don't know what it is, but it inspired me and helped me to see what would fit on the snowflake. Then, I studied it and tried to figure out what would tie them together and how I could do it in one run. I used a Flora size 20 variegated green for the chains and Sherry's grapefruit for the rings.
I am so happy with this snowfake. I know I can't call it my own design completely, but it is the closest I have come except the little flower I did last year. Maybe this will set me on the road to designing from scratch.