My Pattern Pages Are Here!

My Pattern Pages Are Here!
copyright 2008 Laura Blanton

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Tatted Motif #11 of 25

I just love this pineapple heart designed by Sherry Matthews! I believe this is the best tatted heart I have done to date. My grandmother was crazy about pineapple crochet. Maybe that's why I love this one so much! The thread is my old standby - DMC Cebelia. Surely one day I will run out of this red thread and be lost. I found the pattern at http://groups.msn.com/needletattingtwo/pineapplesplitringheart.msnw

3 comments:

Karl and/or Madeline said...

Very nice....I really like it.
Madeline

Tat-a-Renda said...

I agree with you Laura, this is a beautiful heart. I've also made one earlier. The problem for me when I was making it, is how long to make the twisted picot. The first time it was too long and doesn't stretch out well. So I started over.

Tattycat said...

Thanks Jon,
As you can see, my picots are not exactly perfect! What I did was look at the picture and they looked to be about twice as long as the rings. So that's what I tried to do. I only pressed it. Probably would look lots better if I blocked it. Your work is always so pretty. I'd like to see the heart you did.