My Pattern Pages Are Here!

My Pattern Pages Are Here!
copyright 2008 Laura Blanton

Friday, February 16, 2007

My first knitted mittens

This is what has kept me from my tatting! I just had to see if I could make mittens. Tatting is much more fun, but I think these are pretty and, as my husband pointed out, at least useful. Some people just have to find a utilitarian purpose for everything! The cuffs are a 4 ply worsted weight yarn combined with eye lash yarn. Then, I switched to a different purple for the hand. I do love to knit so I will have to take tatting breaks occasionally to whip something up.

2 comments:

Tat-a-Renda said...

Your mittens look gorgeous. The feathery effects reminds me of the elegant 60s. Pity it's alwaays hot and humid here in Malaysia and we don't need for mittens.

Jon

Karl and/or Madeline said...

I love the mittens. As usual you did good. Madeline