My Pattern Pages Are Here!

My Pattern Pages Are Here!
copyright 2008 Laura Blanton

Tuesday, April 07, 2009

What a Beautiful World

Posted by Picasa


WHAT A BEAUTIFUL WORLD
 


Oh, what a beautiful world today.
The sky is blue with clouds puffy gray.
The grass is greener with each passing morn.
Nature is busy being reborn.

The cherry trees all pink and white seem to
shine with God’s heavenly light.
Azaleas in every color are lacey and bright and
make me ache to paint them just right.

The Dogwoods are blooming as if to say,
“We know that Easter is on its way.
We usually bloom too early but waited this year.
We wanted to be sure the message was clear.
He came to die to save you from sin.
To wash away your transgressions and leave
you cleansed.”
 


Their blooms bear the mark of our Savior’s pain
to remind us all that for us He came.
 

He knew He had but a short time to stay
as His mission was planned to take Him away.
He tried to teach us as much as He could, how
to be Christ like, honest and good.

All we can do is strive each day to follow His
example and never forget to pray.
We make mistakes, each and every one, but
God’s work with us is never done.

He’ll not forsake us and always speaks true.
We just have to trust Him to bring us through.
May you each find peace in this blessed spring
and all the joy that your faith can bring.

Laura Blanton
© April 7, 2009


To all of my Christian friends, a very Happy Easter and
the peace of Christ.
To the rest of my friends, may you find joy and laughter
during this glorious Spring season.

10 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Your poem is beautiful, Laura! I wish you and your family all the best this Easter season.

Krystle said...

I grew up with a pink cherokee chief dogwood in the yard.

many blessings to you this easter!

Madeline's Album said...

Laura what a touching poem. You know Karl and I wish you, Bill, and the rest of the family a blessed Easter. Madeline

linda cardina said...

awwe laura, that is such a beautiful poem. i really hope u have a very nice easter with your loved ones.

thank u for the lovely comment u left on my blog. i love when u stop by.

happy painting and please share yr creation with us.

xoxoxolinda

Tattycat said...

Thank you Diane. I wish the same for you and your family.
Hi Krystle. I have two pink dogwoods, but I don't know if they are cherokee chiefs. One is grafted onto a white dogwood. Blessings to you too.
Thank you Madeline. I'm glad you like the poem. I hope all of your wonderful family have a blessed Easter.
Thanks Linda. I hope you enjoy Easter with your lovely family. I love visiting your blog. It cheers me up. Thanks for coming to see me! Rest assured if I am satisfied with what I paint, you will be the first to know!

JB said...

Thank you for sharing your beautiful poem with us. I hope you and your family have a wonderful Easter.

Unknown said...

Laura, not only is your poem beautiful and touching, but the photos are gorgeous as well! I love the dogwood blossom for it's beautiful, full, deep and rich meaning.

The first photo is just lovely! The way the blossoms clump together on the branches they almost could pass for clouds in the sky...and the way the tree branches frame the quaint little street...it would make for a lovely painting!

You're such a beautiful and talented lady! I'm glad to call you my friend! :)

Katherine said...

Laura, I often think of you, and hope that things are going ok...
best wishes, and lots of love

Tattycat said...

Thanks J.B. I'm glad you like it. Happy Easter to you and yours.
Thank you Tatting Chic. You write the most wonderful comments. I do love my dogwoods. I need to try and count how many I have. They are everywhere. I know there are at least 20, most of them more full than the one in the picture.
My talents all come from one source, and you know what that is. You are very talented as well and I am blessed to have you as a friend.
Thanks Snowy. I think of you often too. Hope all is well.

Unknown said...

Hi I just popped back over to let you know I have a little something for you over at my blog.