My Pattern Pages Are Here!

My Pattern Pages Are Here!
copyright 2008 Laura Blanton

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Tatted Gerbera Daisy from Tatted Lace Pattern Collection



At long last, a new picture to show off! Sharon did a great job on this pattern. Even DH whose appreciation for tatting is severely limited, loves it! I have to make a couple more if I am going to put them on a hat with a band like in the newsletter. I enjoyed tatting it, but wasn't sure how it was going to look until I got it blocked. It looks pretty messy as you are tatting the petals, but I like the finished results. It is, of course, in my old standby DMC Cebelia size 20. I think I will see if I have some good colors in Flora and try that next. It will be much more crisp.

Thanks Sharon!

3 comments:

Sharon said...

I'm glad you like it, I was wondering what it would look like in yellow, and now I know. The flower looks like crap when you're working on it, as there's no structure to make the petals stay in place. There's nothing like blocking to tame recalcitrant threads. Tacking it onto the hatband or directly onto the hat will make the petals behave. Of course if you like the wild twisted petal effect you can just let the petals turn in every direction.

Karl and/or Madeline said...

Glad to see that you are back in business, I've been missing seeing your creations. I like it. Madeline

Tat-a-Renda said...

This is beautiful. I wonder if it can be attached to a stalk, am imagining a bunch of them in a long vase