My Pattern Pages Are Here!

My Pattern Pages Are Here!
copyright 2008 Laura Blanton

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Introducing... The newest member of the tatting world!




(And, probably, the next tatting addict!)

This is Susan Martin, a young lady I met on a rare trip to Michael's Tuesday afternoon. I seldom get out due to the heat and my migraines, but I just had to go to Michael's! I was looking at the notions wall and there, to my disbelief, were new tatting shuttles. I mentioned this to DH and heard, from behind me, "Oh, there are some over there too?" It's amazing how fate works to bring us together, huh? She was hoping to find shuttles and a book so she could learn to tat. Of course, I gave her my name and number and offered to teach her. She was here at my house by 9:00 A.M. this morning. (After being up working the 11 - 7 shift. My brain would have been mush.) What a quick learner she is. Within 10 minutes, she had completed her first ring, and not too shabbily at that. She did a couple more and then we did picots and joined rings. When she got enough rings tatted, we joined them together into a circle that I have a feeling she will always keep. I proceeded to teach her a chain and she left to go home and chain around the rings.

I am so excited to have shared our love of tatting with a newbie! I expect great things from her. She is already skilled at several other arts and crafts, but I think she will devote a lot of time to tatting!

Congratulations Susan!

2 comments:

Marilee Rockley said...

Wow! How wonderful and good of you to teach her! Great to have another tatter!

Tattycat said...

It was my pleasure to teach her. She is a very willing, clever student and I hope she will love tatting as much as we do. Maybe she will teach others!