My Pattern Pages Are Here!

My Pattern Pages Are Here!
copyright 2008 Laura Blanton

Monday, January 22, 2007

Next round of tatted friendship doily


Here is the next round on my friendship doily that my two tatting buddies from Mobile are helping me with. Isn't it beautiful? I am so pleased with the colors she picked and her tatting. She was kind enough to send me this picture before she passed it on to the next tatting friend. I hope I can do as well tatting all the rounds on theirs. Tragically, the post office seems to have lost one of the doilys. We are still waiting to see if they can track it down or if she is going to have to start over. I might have to start driving to Mobile from Birmingham every time we need to exchange tatting! I just can't bear for beautiful work to be lost. Tatting may not be a lost art form, but at least one piece of tatting seems to be lost!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Tat-a-Renda said...

Very cheery colours. Laura, are you designing the rounds as you go along or is it from an existing pattern? How many round will there be in all?

Tattycat said...

Hi Jon. Thanks. I think it is pretty. The design is from The DMC Book of Charted Tatting Designs. There are seven rounds. We are just picking our colors as we go.