My Pattern Pages Are Here!

My Pattern Pages Are Here!
copyright 2008 Laura Blanton

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Grandbabies are better than tatting!

My grandbaby is 11 months old! I thought I loved him as much as possible the day I saw him born, but it has grown to unmeasureable heights. The older he gets, the more I love him. In the last couple of days he has started giving real hugs and kisses. When he wraps his little arms around my neck, squeezes and makes that hugging sound, I just melt to my very core. Today he combined it with a kiss. For those of you who have given birth and have grandchildren of your own, this might seem every day. However, he is the child of my oldest stepdaughter and our first. I have loved and helped to raise many children in my life, but this is sooo very different. I know I will never really know what it is to be a biological parent, but it takes a lot more than giving birth or fathering a child to make a good parent. I am so blessed. By the way, he really is as sweet as he looks!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: