My Pattern Pages Are Here!

My Pattern Pages Are Here!
copyright 2008 Laura Blanton

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Candace's Wedding Lace with beads

Okay, so I'd have to work for a year to be promoted to novice in beaded tatting, but I like it! This is Size 30 Cebelia with tiny glass beads. When I make the real wedding lace, I want to use parchment colored thread and old (looking) seed pearls. We'll see! I'm not going to list this as part of the 25 motif challenge until I actually finish it and attach it to a hanky. I hope some of you will test it out for me and make any suggestions you think would help. Thanks for all of the creative help I have already received. All in all, I'm happy with my second attempt at designing and my head is already spinning with new ideas! Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Tat-a-Renda said...

Wow! Laura, I like it even more with the beads on.

Anonymous said...

You've created a pretty edging!
Maybe it's just the size of the thread, but the solitary ring that joins to the fabric, looks to me like it's too far away from the rest of the design. Maybe try shortening the chain a little. I'm not sure I'd want beads on a hanky. Nothing like trying to dab away a tear and poking yourself in the eyeball with a bead. However, just as a beaded edging, you could use 3 beads instead of 1 on the centre picot of the top ring, so that instead of 3 beads in a row, it would be 1 bead, 3 beads, 1 bead. Those 2 picots that you tied together might look interesting if you made one really huge picot, like an inch long and stacked 12 or 14 beads on it and then did a join. I did something like that on a necklace in the newsletter Volume 3 Edition 2 pictured here:
http://www.gagechek.com/
slb/news/vol-3-2
It was a nice effect. Have you tried positioning a small mirror on the edging at a 45 degree angle? That will give you ideas as to how you might create a corner treatment for it. Edgings like this which are flexible go around corners easily, but somehow a corner treatment always seems to give a more elegant, polished look to the lace.