My Pattern Pages Are Here!

My Pattern Pages Are Here!
copyright 2008 Laura Blanton

Monday, October 27, 2008

Spinning Wheel Glass Mat

 


Diane has inspired me to tat Spinning Wheel Glass Mat from Tatting With Visual Patterns by Mary Konoir. You all know Marilee's Rhubarb Crisp/Pie is my first and probably favorite hand dyed thread. This one is size 80 in slow color change. It is the first time I have tatted with slow color change. I had been saving it for just the right pattern and I must say, I think this is it!

I started with the spoke that has red chains and rings fading into pink rings and chains. I am really pleased with how the colors turned out and the definition they provide to this design.

Now I know why Diane has tatted this design so many time. It was simple, easy to memorize, quick and kept me anxious to see how the HDT was going to turn out.

It is 3 1/4" and I used 13.5 yards on the shuttle. I've still got to measure what is left on my ball thread.

By the way, God save the man, woman or child who puts a glass on this mat!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love the way the slow color change works with this pattern!

Unknown said...

Wow, size 80. Thanks for the size reference with the quarter. Your comment at the end made me chuckle. :) About whoever puts a glass on that mat, LOL!

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

Absolutely AMAZING! So glad to understand how dainty this work of art is! Ahhhh....I LOVE size 80.....

Unknown said...

I think the spinning wheel glass mat was a good choice for the slow change HDT. I really like the way the colour changes throughout the tatting.

Marilee Rockley said...

Lovely!

Bonnie said...

Beautiful!!! I appreciate that you gave me a size reference next to the quarter.

Tattycat said...

Thanks Diane. I appreciate your inspiration!
You are so funny Tattingchic! The people in question know who they are.....
It is dainty Lady Shuttle Maker. In fact, it is hanging on my Rainbow Christmas Tree! Size 80 is great!
I'm glad you like it Clyde. I think these colors are so pretty!
Thanks Yarnplayer. For the thread, and for your appreciation of the tatting.
Thank you Bonnie. I'll try to keep using the quarter. However, if you check my next post, you will see that Tattingchic has explained that my quarter shrunk! LOL