My Pattern Pages Are Here!

My Pattern Pages Are Here!
copyright 2008 Laura Blanton

Monday, August 11, 2008

A Perfect "Purplicious" Day!





I'm not sure if that's the correct spelling of purplicious, but you get the idea. We had such fun. The lunch at Jesse's in Magnolia Springs was so nice and the food was good too!

Diana really loaded me up with purple goodies. The white bag with the purple button is one that Diane crocheted and posted on her blog that she made it for a friend. It was me! I was so surprised. I'll wear it with pride first time I have the chance. The ball of thread is Coats and Clarks Tatting Cotton. The three floss minders are Perle cotton weaving thread from Nancy. I have never tatted with either of those and I'm excited to use them. The cross Diane gave me is tatted with the weaving thread and it is the softest, sweetest little thing. The bag is an Oktak and just right for tatting. There is a purple Lacis shuttle, one of my favorites, to tat up all this thread! She also gave me one of her bookmarks in her favorite pattern. I have two new books from the library that will be in high fashion with this bookmark. All of these goodies were wrapped in white tissue paper in a purple bag with tulips on it.

I am so glad we got the chance to meet in person and share some time together. It is good to be with another tatter, but even better to be with someone you've grown to love but never met.

Thank you to Nancy for sharing some of your precious time with your daughter. I am glad that you were both able to join me for the afternoon.

Happy tatting to both of you!

3 comments:

Karl and/or Madeline said...

What lovely gifts. I am so glad you were able to meet with your tatting friend and her mother. From the smiles on your faces I know you had a good time. Madeline

diane's mom said...

It was our pleasure to spend time with you! I'm glad you had a purplicious day!

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

Isn't Diane the most generous soul you've ever met? I LOVE LOVE the smiles! Everytime I look at the pictures, I can't help but to smile too!