My Pattern Pages Are Here!

My Pattern Pages Are Here!
copyright 2008 Laura Blanton

Sunday, July 06, 2008

Milky Way Snowflake in Yellow Flora



This is Jon's Milky Way Snowflake again, this time in Flora variegated yellow with those same OLD purple irridescent beads. I wanted to show it now while I am working on it with Lady Shuttle Maker's double shuttle. This is perfect for so many beads. I started this before Jane shared her new idea with us. Maybe I won't have to load so many beads again! I am using one bead up and two beads down on three of the chains of each "flower." I haven't done this before. It is slower, at least for me, but I really like doing it and the look of it.

When I finish this, there will be two more rainbow snowflakes ready for my tree!

Tatting never ceases to amaze me! So many new things to learn and try. Never a dull moment!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

It is absolutely beautiful. I just love taking pics of my tatting next to one of Sherry's beautiful shuttles. It sure makes for a pretty picture, ay?

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

I am glad that you are getting use from the shuttle and I love the purple and yellow together. Can't wait to see the finished motif.

Unknown said...

The yellow and purple are going to look very nice together. Your tree is going to look amazing this year.

Tattycat said...

Thank you TattingChic. I think the color combination is nice and the shuttles make anything look pretty!
I do love working with the shuttle Lady Shuttle Maker. It took a little while to get used to the thickness of it, but I've got it now.
Thanks Clyde. If I weren't already at the age where time flies so fast, I would be wishing for Christmas so I could put up my tree. Maybe I should just go ahead and put it up so I can enjoy it and still hang onto summer! There's an idea.