My Pattern Pages Are Here!

My Pattern Pages Are Here!
copyright 2008 Laura Blanton

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Jon's Rosette Doily tatted by me!



I told all of you to expect something special! Jon was so good to share this tatting pattern with me. When she posted the picture of hers, I told her it reminded me of the crocheted doilies my grandmother used to make. I was so pleased when she sent me the pattern so I could tat it. I plan to make some pictures of my grandmother's doilies and post them so that you can see my inspiration. In the meantime, I just couldn't wait to share this with you. It is "hot" off of the ironing board!

I tatted it with Flora size 20. It is such a joy with which to tat and needs almost no blocking. No starching for this thread!

The shuttle is, of course, my first from LadyShuttlemaker and I love it! I didn't get to tat the whole doily with it because it only arrived last Friday and I already had all of the rosettes done. It did a great job on the green though. It is such fun to use and makes a lovely sound as you wind and unwind the thread. I will use and treasure it always!

4 comments:

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

This is so bright and BEAUTIFUL, it seems like it is jumping out of my screen. LOVE IT!
Also, I am thrilled that you are enjoying your shuttle!

Tattycat said...

Thanks. Jon really does a good job of designing and I love the doily. The shuttle is great! I hope you will get more orders. Several people have asked me about it. By the way, how did you get your picture to do that?

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I love your doily! Roses are my favorite flower, so I may have to learn how to tat them as well! Isn't it amazing how much thread you can fit on Sherry's shuttles? I like Sherry's picture too... I can't get mine to show up at all!

Tattycat said...

Thanks Diane. The rosettes are very easy to make. You can do it!!! The shuttles are amazing and they do hold an unbelievable amount of thread! I am so happy I got one. I'm also jealous you have more than one!