My Pattern Pages Are Here!

My Pattern Pages Are Here!
copyright 2008 Laura Blanton

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Battatter's Heartline Edging



This is the sweet little edging that Battatter shared. It tats up real quick. (My DMC thread, of course.) I think it would be perfect for Valentine cards. Another thought, it would be sweet around votive cups for Valentines or to decorate a room with a heart theme. So many ideas. If only I could imagine my way into designing my own tatting!

Thanks again for sharing.

6 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I'll bet it would be cute as a sock edging! ; )

Tattycat said...

You are right! It would make a cute sock edging. The stitch counts would have to changed somewhat, as it tends to curve, (at least mine does.) Oh, I just had a "vision." Size 80 thread in pink and white for baby girl socks!

Marilee Rockley said...

It tends to curve? Maybe it could be coaxed to curve into a circle by using a few less ds in the white chains. Then it could be a circular ornament or suncatcher!

Marty said...

...Or a chain for a necklace if it curved enough. Oooo, I know since it curves it would look really cute at the neckline of a t-shirt or baby onsie!

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

I am sure the ds's could be adjusted to make it curve less. I love the Valentines Card idea.

Tattycat said...

Thanks Everybody!
Yarnplayer, I think it could be coaxed to curve into a circle very easily. Good idea.
Marty,
It would be very cute around a neckline, but it would need to curve the other way. I don't think that would be too hard to figure out. It is a great pattern. I love onsie idea.
Ladyshuttlemaker,
I am working on adjusting the doubles, as I want it to be straight right now. The card idea is good because it is so fast to make!