My Pattern Pages Are Here!

My Pattern Pages Are Here!
copyright 2008 Laura Blanton

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Tatting - What My Grandmother Didn't Teach Me!

Here are some examples of my tatting. I had to learn this on my own, with much weeping, wailing and nashing of teeth! My grandmother had passed on before I developed such an avid interest in this, one of the few things she didn't teach me. I really love it and used to do a lot of tatting. Not so much now, due to my headaches, but I'm trying to pick it up. I would love to find some other tatters in Alabama.
This doily is from "The Tatter's Treasure Chest" edited by Mary Carolyn Waldrep. Thanks Mary! I particularly love this doily. It is hard to tell, but it's done in white, green and purple. I love this combination. I used DMC Cebelia 40 and it took a long time! I wish I could take credit for the designs of these pieces, but they all came from books I have purchased. I keep it under glass on top of my wicker dresser.
These are some of my tatted Christmas ornaments. The heart at the top right if one of Georgia Seitz's patterns.
The little Christmas tree is From "A New Twist On Tatting", by Catherine Austin. Thanks Catherine!
This is a little wrist bag that would be perfect for a wedding or prom. It is lined with white net. Posted by Picasa

No comments: