If this looks a "tad" out of balance, that's because it is! I didn't notice until I had two of the arms done that I was going to be one section short for a snowflake. I put it away for a long time, but just couldn't stand to let this beautiful HDT go to waste. Besides, I love the way the arms came out. So, yesterday I just decided to do the best I could. When I got to the end, I joined the last to first and gathered it up. It doesn't look to bad.
I'm pretty sure the thread is Yarnplayer's. It is some of the first I purchased. It is size 20. The rose part is from Denise Munoz's book and I made up the rest.
For you new tatters, this is an example of getting too familiar with a pattern and not paying attention to what you are doing. It also shows that almost anything can be salvaged with enough determination.
By the way, I did all of this with onely one shuttle and a ball thread. And the outside is only one pass.