My Pattern Pages Are Here!

My Pattern Pages Are Here!
copyright 2008 Laura Blanton

Wednesday, April 09, 2008



If this looks a "tad" out of balance, that's because it is! I didn't notice until I had two of the arms done that I was going to be one section short for a snowflake. I put it away for a long time, but just couldn't stand to let this beautiful HDT go to waste. Besides, I love the way the arms came out. So, yesterday I just decided to do the best I could. When I got to the end, I joined the last to first and gathered it up. It doesn't look to bad.

I'm pretty sure the thread is Yarnplayer's. It is some of the first I purchased. It is size 20. The rose part is from Denise Munoz's book and I made up the rest.

For you new tatters, this is an example of getting too familiar with a pattern and not paying attention to what you are doing. It also shows that almost anything can be salvaged with enough determination.

By the way, I did all of this with onely one shuttle and a ball thread. And the outside is only one pass.

11 comments:

Tatskool said...

Gorgeous Laura as usual...you are a star!!...now go and concentrate on that TIAS!!!!!

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

This looks like the most beautiful starfish I have ever seen...around which should be tatted a whole
"undersea" scene. I can picture some of Jane's seahorses, and fish and it should be easy to design undersea plant life, anenomoes, etc.

Did I just type all that out loud? ....LOL, You see the way my brain works?

Tattycat said...

Thanks Pamela. The TIAS is still in the planning stages and conflicting with that is a new one I thought of today. I think there is a blender in my brain and it must be set on "puree." LOL
Sherry, I never thought of a starfish! You are brilliant. I love starfish and other sea creatures. It does sound like a great undersea scene and hubby would love it. Hey, anemones would be a trip. Yeah, you typed it out loud, thank goodness!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I like the starfish idea! The first thing I thought of was "Twinkle, twinkle, little star" ...perfect for the top of your tree!

Tatskool said...

Laura you're brain is going into overdrive.

Sherry I didn't see the starfish either but you are so right it is a perfect starfish with all it's little walking 'tube feet' down the sides of the arms. The colour is also divine for a starfish.

Laura you have to call it a Starfish..will be perfect for my challenge.

Karl and/or Madeline said...

Very pretty. This one I have to see in person. Madeline

Tattycat said...

Thank you Diane, Pamela and Madeline. I am so glad I finished this little beauty. You all win. It is a starfish! I will sit down and write out how I did it soon.

Tat-a-Renda said...

A starfish it is indeed, very good colour choice for a starfish, I must say.

Now, I must go and take a look at my starfish that I designed so long ago and see if I can still remember enough to write down the instructions for it

Carol Schockling Lawecki said...

The starfish is fantastic. I love the design and the colors. What is the size of your starfish? I have an on-going project of a Sea Scene, mostly with Jane Eborall's sea life. You can see it here, just scroll down half way on the page.
http://tinyurl.com/6gg9nq

Tattycat said...

Hi Carol. You comment got put into moderation some how and I just found it today. I'm sorry to be so long answering you. The starfish is just a tad over 4". I'm glad you like it. I'll go look at your scene.

Carol Schockling Lawecki said...

Your starfish would look great with my sea scene. I'm looking forward to you posting the pattern. Aemones, that will be interesting!! Did you see Pamela's Parasites? http://tatsakoolchallenge.blogspot.com/search/label/parasites
She tatted a very close likeness to the real thing.