My Pattern Pages Are Here!

My Pattern Pages Are Here!
copyright 2008 Laura Blanton

Monday, March 12, 2007

A field of Shamrocks!

I have really had fun with Ruth's Celtic knot Shamrock, as you can see from this and previous posts. Left to right -Flora, DMC and DMC. All size 20. I know the center one is not really a shamrock color, but I like it the best! I think they make nice bookmarks. I'm going to keep the center one and use the others as gifts. Tatting is such a pleasure, largely due to the talented and generous designers who share with the rest of us.
And yes, J.B. and Elizabeth, I really am working on the doily too! Should be finished soon.

3 comments:

Tat-a-Renda said...

Wow Laura, you really are on a roll with the shamrock. I like the colour of th emiddle one, even though it is not green.

And you are almost finishing the 2nd round of the challenge.

Jon

Marilee Rockley said...

All of your shamrocks are so lovely. Very clever how you added the tassel to the middle one by looping it over a ring.

Tattycat said...

Thanks Jon and Yarnplayer! I am having fun with the shamrocks. My Irish ancestors would be pleased, don't you think? The ring at the end of the stem seemed a good way to hide the ends of the thread as well as adding the tassel. (That's where the thread ends are!) I don't know if I will start a 3rd round of the challenge or not, but will still keep posting.